How to buy
We Have Five Ways to Buy Big on IronPlanet
Online AuctionsUsually, our online auctions usually take place on the last Wednesday of every month. The auction opens for a period of time according to a preset schedule. Can’t join on the auction day? IronPlanet auctions are active for a two-week period leading up to the event - we call this the 'Preview Period'. During the Preview Period you can already set your PriorityBids on the items of your choice. A PriorityBid acts like the maximum bid above and allows you to set your bid ahead of time. Try it yourself in Practice Auction.
Buy NowNeed equipment now? With a wide selection of equipment, buyers can buy what they need immediately at competitive fixed prices.
Make an OfferSubmit your best offer for an item and the seller can accept it, decline it, or make a counter offer.
Unreserved sealed bid- specified bid amounts are not published, but ranked. Bidders can place multiple bids until the close of the auction. Sealed offer- buyers place a sealed offer on their desired unit of purchase. Sellers then have up to 5 days after the item closes to select the winning offer.
On-Site AuctionsThroughout the year, our team of auctioneers run live on-site auctions for energy equipment and collector cars where you can physically show up and bid (mostly in the US). If the auction is not in your area, you can still participate online using our IronPlanet LiveStream bidding platform. With IronPlanet LiveStream, you can listen or watch the auction via video live and submit your bids to the on-site auctioneer. If you still can’t do that, the PriorityBid feature is available to you so that you will never miss out on the action.
Register to Start Buying
Register. It's easy, just enter your email address here.
Request buying privileges and sign-up at the same time. You'll need these so you are ready to buy or bid at any moment.
After signing-up, set up your My Account page. If you are a reseller or have a sales tax exemption, file your certificate now and get through checkout faster!
Insider tips from the pros
- Place PriorityBids. Can't be online when an auction is closing? Place a PriorityBid! Submit your maximum bid and our system will bid the lowest amount required for you to win up to your max. Another reason to place a PriorityBid? In the case of a tie, the first PriorityBid placed wins!
- Add items to your Watch List & get alerts. Add a specific item to your Watch List and you'll get alerts when the item is accepting bids and before it closes so you won't miss it!
- Create Saved Searches. Want to be the first to know when we get new inventory? Save your searches and get alerts when matching items are added to our inventory.
Find equipment & view inspection reports
- Browse through thousands of items. View equipment & review inspection reports up to three weeks before an item closes. You can search our inventory or browse by equipment category.
- Inspection reports that are unique in the industry. Items with our IronClad Assurance® stamp come with detailed inspection reports, photos and more and are backed by our IronClad Assurance® equipment condition certification so you can buy with confidence.