How to buy
Buying is Easy on IronPlanet
Three Ways to Buy on IronPlanet
Buy NowNeed equipment now? With a wide selection of equipment, buyers can buy what they need immediately at competitive fixed prices.
Make an OfferSubmit your best offer for an item and the seller can accept it, decline it, or make a counter offer.
BidAuctions are closing throughout the week. Here are the two types of auctions:
- Online Auctions:
Our Featured Events usually take place on the last Wednesday of each month. These events act like a traditional live unreserved auction where the auction opens for a period of time according to a preset schedule. If you can’t make it on a Wednesday, all the auctions are live for a two-week period leading up to the event - the Preview Period. During the Preview Period you can set your PriorityBid. A PriorityBid acts like the max bid above and allows you to set your bid ahead of time. Try it yourself in our Practice Auction.
- Sealed Auctions:
Unreserved sealed bid- specified bid amounts are not published, but ranked. Bidders can place multiple bids until the close of the auction. Sealed offer- buyers place a sealed offer on their desired unit of purchase. Sellers then have up to 5 days after the item closes to select the winning offer.
Register to Start Buying
Register. It's easy, just enter your email address here.
Request buying privileges and sign-up at the same time. You'll need these so you are ready to buy or bid at any moment (a VAT number is required).
After signing-up, set up your My Account page.
Insider tips from the pros
- Place PriorityBids. Can't be online when an auction is closing? Place a PriorityBid! Submit your maximum bid and our system will bid the lowest amount required for you to win up to your max. Another reason to place a PriorityBid? In the case of a tie, the first PriorityBid placed wins!
- Add items to your Watch List & get alerts. Add a specific item to your Watch List and you'll get alerts when the item is accepting bids and before it closes so you won't miss it!
- Create Saved Searches. Want to be the first to know when we get new inventory? Save your searches and get alerts when matching items are added to our inventory.
Frequently Asked QuestionsSee All FAQ's
No. All bids placed in any IronPlanet marketplace auction are final and binding. You can always increase, but can never reduce or rescind your maximum bid amount.
Once your payment for an item has been successfully processed, follow these steps:
- 1. Review your Item Release Form* (available on your IronPlanet account) for scheduling contact. If your item notes IronPlanet Pickup Support for the seller:
- a. Call our Customer Care team as soon as possible.
- b. We will coordinate a pickup time that is convenient for you and the seller. In the interest of protecting our sellers' privacy, we provide their address only and all email and phone communication is through IronPlanet Customer Care.
- c. IronPlanet will send you a confirmation of the scheduled pickup appointment along with your Item Release Form with an Item Release Code. These are also available for download from your IronPlanet account after purchase and must be presented when picking up your item.
- 2. If a seller has agreed to release their contact and location information to buyers, you will find it on your item release form available for download from your IronPlanet account. In this case you can contact the seller directly to arrange pickup.
- 1. All ftb are charged VAT on 1st purchases, this is refundable on submission of valid CMR/BOL document.
- 2. Returning buyers are exempt from VAT once they are not based in same country as item purchased.
Find equipment & view inspection reports
- Browse through thousands of items. View equipment & review inspection reports up to three weeks before an item closes. You can search our inventory or browse by equipment category.
- Inspection reports that are unique in the industry. Items with our IronClad Assurance® stamp come with detailed inspection reports, photos and more and are backed by our IronClad Assurance® equipment condition certification so you can buy with confidence.